Global Housing Technology Challenge- India (GHTC-India):
Global Housing Technology Challenge-India (GHTC-I) intends to get the best globally available innovative construction technologies through a challenge process. It aims to demonstrate and deliver ready to live-in houses in minimum time and minimum cost with high-quality of construction in a sustainable manner. This challenge seeks to promote future potential technologies through Incubation support and accelerator workshops, in order to foster an environment of research and development in the country.
For more details visit: https://ghtc-india.gov.in/
A. LIGHT HOUSE PROJECTS:
As a part of GHTC- India, six Light House Projects (LHP) consisting of about 1,000 houses each with physical & social infrastructure facilities is being constructed at six places across the country namely Indore; Rajkot; Chennai; Ranchi; Agartala and; Lucknow. These projects will showcase the use of the six distinct shortlisted innovative technologies for field level application, learning and replication. LHPs will demonstrate and deliver ready to live mass housing at an expedited pace as compared to conventional brick and mortar construction and will be more economical, sustainable, of high quality and durability. These projects shall serve as Live laboratories for all stakeholders including R & D leading to the successful transfer of technologies from the lab to the field.
The following are the project locations of LHPs
1. Agartala, Tripura : Light Gauge Steel Structural System & Pre-Engineered Steel Structural System.
2. Chennai, Tamilnadu: Precast Concrete Construction System-Precast Components Assembled at Site.
3. Indore, Madhya Pradesh: Prefabricated Sandwich Panel System.
4. Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh: Stay in-place Formwork System.
5. Rajkot, Gujarat: Monolithic Concrete Construction System.
6. Ranchi, Jharkhand: Precast Concrete Construction System-3D Pre-Cast Volumetric.